Saturday, July 5, 2008

coming home...


We left for the airport early, 4:30am, Friday morning from Guilin. As we arrived, we realized that even though we were on time with time to spare the Guilin Airport was not even open yet, let alone able to check our luggage ahead of time. But as tired as we were, we didn't seem to mind, waiting and sleeping on the bus until it did open. We made it from Guilin to Gouangsho with no problem. We had about a 3 hour lay over in Gouangsho then another 3 hour flight from Gouangsho to Seoul Korea. With a 4 hour lay over in Soeul, the team rested and ate some pizza in the airport.
Many of us have been feeling a little under the weather with head colds and sore throats. Our long, 13 hour flight seemed to drag on with not feeling the greatest and not being able to sleep long, but before we knew it, we arrived at JFK Airport at 9pm Friday night. Praise God all of our luggage arrived and was stacked onto the bus for us to head home to Downingtown. We arrived with a crew of friends and family to great us. Hugs and kisses were exchanged between family and team members and our goodbyes were said.
For me, it is a sad homecoming. I feel as if I leave a part of me in China every time I leave. Sure, it is good to see family, friends and my dog! But the friends we have in China, and the short amount of time we had to spend with them stick out even more. We are so blessed from the time we shared as a team in China with the friends we made. Time with old friends from trips before, Zoe, Jones, Winnie, Mia, Toby, Davey, Shell, etc. And new friends that we will keep in contact with from now on!
My prayer for all is that we may not forget our time in Guilin, China. And most of all, the faces that we saw throughout the last 2 weeks. The laughs, tears, sports, games and new experiences we shared with our friends are all priceless and inexplainable at times. But we walk away, in hopes of seeing them again and if nothing else feeling blessed to have learned, grown, shared and received the love that we know and the love that we pray to radiate everyday!
-Kate

3 comments:

Jack said...

Finally I can log on this blog. I feel so exited to see my name on it. What a pity that I can't see my pictures o(∩_∩)o.... Hope you guys have been totally recovered frome the jet leg and get back to the ' swing of the things'.


Jack

Unknown said...

first time that I am able to open this blog!!!

Say hi to the whole family...and tell Linda that I am collecting photos of Hangzhou, and trying to persuade them to come to Hangzhou next time!

Have to run... bye

Shell

Unknown said...

Er....i think I just made a mistake... i meant to comment Steve's post....